In this study you will
see faces and play a cooperative game.
You must fill in questions marked with a *
Before you begin please fill in your:
*Age (in years):
*What nationality are you?
select a region
*What is your ethnicity?
South East Asian
Do you have a current
Please skip the next question about partners if you
currently do not have one.
How long have you been with your current partner?
Please tell us about
your self. Do you consider your face to be
What are your
physical measurements? Please give your answer in Metric OR
Imperial (we would prefer metric).
If you dont know
the measurements please leave blank.
Please fill in the following questionnaire on your
attitudes to trust and cooperation.
How cooperative are you?
How generous are you?
How trustworthy are you?
How honest are you?
The following questions present statements concerning behaviour and attitudes. Indicate how much you agree or disagree with the statement on the scales below.
I always make sure I do something if I say I will do it.
I think lies are OK if they make people feel good.
I think people should obey the law no matter what.
I would repay a stranger quickly if they helped me.
I sometimes take things that do not belong to me.
I try not to lie to people in any situation.
I would break a promise if it meant I would avoid getting into trouble.
I would not lie about important things.
I have never stolen anything.
I would not be truthful if telling the truth meant I would get in trouble.
I would feel OK about cheating on a test if I could not get caught.
I will tell small lies to avoid embarrassing situations.
I think people who break any rules should be properly punished.
I would choose a good outcome for me and a bad outcome for someone else instead of an OK outcome for both of us.
I think people should try to always tell the truth to others.
I am not very good at keeping secrets about people.
I would break the law if it was suitably important to do so.
I think people can rely on me.
Here are two stories to read and rate what you would do in each situation:
1. Imagine a situation where you and an associate have committed a crime. You have been caught but the evidence is flimsy. You and your partner in crime are taken to separate rooms and interrogated individually and each are offered a deal by the police. If you give evidence against your associate you can walk free but your associate will receive 20 years in prison. However if your associate also chooses to give evidence against you then you will both spend the next 10 years in prison. If on the other hand you both remain quiet you would both only spend 3 years in prison. Should your associate give evidence against you while you remain quiet it is you who will spend the next 20 years in prison.
Given this situation rate how likey (from 1 to 6) you would be to:
2. Imagine a situation where you are playing a game with an assocaite for a psyhcology study. You are aking part in the study for money. You and your partner are taken to separate rooms and talked toindividually and each are offered a deal by the experimenter. If you choose to defect against your associate you can leave the test but your associate will be tested for another 2 hours. However if your associate also chooses to defect against you then you will both spend 1 hour completing more tests. If on the other hand you both choose cooperate you would both only have to stay for 15 minutes. Should your associate defect against you while you cooperate it is you who will spend the next 2 hours being tested.
Please indicate how accurately the following statements describe you:
1. I try to surpass others' accomplishments.
2. I do not try to outdo others.
3. I am quick to correct others.
4. I do not impose my will on others.
5. I demand explanations from others.
6. I do not want to control the conversation.
7. I am not afraid of providing criticism.
8. I do not challenge others' points of view.
9. I lay down the law to others.
10. I do not put people under pressure.
11. I get my own way.
12. I hate to seem pushy.
for women only (ignore if male)
Do you currently use a hormonal contraceptive (e.g. pill, injection,
How many days ago did your last period of
menstruation (menstrual bleeding) start?
You will be asked to play a cooperative game by selecting cooperate or defect with different people...